Tuesday, November 3, 2009

...and Everything Nice



Repost from July, but I wanted to share this recipe with you again.
These are my favorite cookies from my Grandmother's recipe box!

SUGAR AND SPICE COOKIES

Cream together 3/4 cup Crisco shortening and 1 cup sugar. Add 1 egg and mix well. Add 1/4 cup molasses. Mix together then add to egg mixture: 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger. Mix well and chill dough for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Form dough into balls and place on baking sheet. Dip the bottom of a flat glass in sugar then gently press the cookie to flatten slightly. (Double dip for a little extra sugar.) Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until brown on the edges.


Having a cookie exchange this season? Visit my friend's blog and see these sweet invites!
http://www.boulieblog.com/2009/10/c-is-for.html

I've decided to post lots of cookie recipes this holiday! I plan to include some other family favorite feasts as well. Stay tuned! Looking for a recipe? I'm a recipe hound. Have a favorite you'd like to share? I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

AddThis